[Vm-dev] status of compilation with LLVM 3.0 with Xcode

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 23:40:09 UTC 2015

I now compile and run a modified squeak.cog.spur 32bits VM 3264 with Xcode
4.2, OSX 10.6.8 and LLVM 3.0.
I can run all the tests in the image.
I have a bit more errors than VM 3254 published by Eliot, notably due to
elementsForwardIdentityTo: failed.
This is caused when trying to restore an ImageSegment.
Presumably triggered because two globals DummyUIManager and MVCUIManager
are instances of ImageSegmentRootStub.
I really don't know why they are... When I run the image with official VM,
they are not.

I saw that many of the Xcode projects still try to force usage of gcc 4.2
and I had to change them.
What is the status of LLVM compilation currently?