[Vm-dev] socketRecordSize is probably not 64-bit friendly

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:04:12 UTC 2015

Hi,
I noticed that SocketPlugin>>socketRecordSize was so defined:
socketRecordSize
    "Return the size of a Smalltalk socket record in bytes."

    ^ self cCode: 'sizeof(SQSocket)' inSmalltalk: [12]

Shouldn't it have been like its brothers in OSProcessPlugin and AioPlugin:

socketRecordSize
    "Return the size of a Smalltalk socket record in bytes."

    ^ self cCode: 'sizeof(SQSocket)' inSmalltalk: [Smalltalk wordSize * 3]

I presume we don't use self sizeof: because the Smalltalk side does not
have any idea of what a SQSocket is... (an opaque struct/handle)