[Vm-dev] squeakvm.org's svn server unresponsive?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Mar 23 02:18:02 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 07:03:17PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     I'm trying e.g.
>         svn log platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h
>         svn st -u
> for my check-out of http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog and am
> getting no response.  svn is stuck. e.g. no response from
>  svn ls http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak
> either.  Pinging squeakvm.org shows no problem with the server itself.  Is
> there a server issue?  Can anyone fix it?

It looks like the server is stuck. I can ping it, but I cannot connect
with ssh or sftp, and the web server is unresponsive.

I suspect that we probably just ran the file system out of space, and
need to clean up some room. This has happened once before, so I should have
been checking it, sorry.

Ian has given me sudo root access for the server, but at the moment I have
no way to log in to fix the problem.

I sent email to Ian (also cc'ed here), and hopefully he will be able to
check the box for us.