[Vm-dev] Re: updating and compiling the BerkeleyDB plugin

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:19:00 UTC 2015

Hi David,

It is the same.  I did ask Stephen Pair and he said it would be fine to port
it to LMDB , also to make the resulting port MIT.  LMDB is the database that
backs the OpenLDAP project (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenLDAP), and is
under the OpenLDAP license:
(https://gitorious.org/mdb/mdb/source/3368d1f5e243225cba4d730fba19ff600798ebe3:libraries/liblmdb/LICENSE)
which is considerably more permissive than what Oracle is offering with
BerkeleyDB.

My thought was to make it compile & work with BerkeleyDB as an intermediate
step in an effort to limit the moving parts I was learning about.  Then
after that port it to LMDB

Thanks for looking into it.

Paul

David T. Lewis wrote