[Vm-dev] Trying to understand tenuring

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 8 09:31:34 UTC 2015

On 08.05.2015, at 08:43, Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:
> I would assume that an object needs to stay connected 60 seconds until it gets tenured. But all of the objects in the request don't live that long.

The object memory does not track how long an object was alive, or even how many incremental GCs it survived. Once the tenuring threshold is reached (after X allocations), all objects alive in new space at that point get tenured.

This is how it worked before Spur, anyway. Not sure what the tenuring policy is in Spur?

- Bert -