[Vm-dev] BerkeleyDbPlugin - debugging primitive failures - how?

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:35:11 UTC 2015

Hi Dave -

I've updated the github repo (https://github.com/pdebruic/BerkeleyDBPlugin) so that when building the plugin it links to the 4.1 version of BerkeleyDB.  Now when I attempt to use the plugin I'm getting failures rather than 'module not found' so thats progress, right?

I'm not sure how to begin debugging plugin failures.  Is there a guide anywhere?

Also the complilation errors when building the plugin are:

[ 50%] Building C object BerkeleyDbPlugin/CMakeFiles/BerkeleyDbPlugin.dir/home/deploy/src/trunk/src/plugins/BerkeleyDbPlugin/BerkeleyDbPlugin.c.o
/home/deploy/src/trunk/src/plugins/BerkeleyDbPlugin/BerkeleyDbPlugin.c: In function ‘initialiseModule’:
/home/deploy/src/trunk/src/plugins/BerkeleyDbPlugin/BerkeleyDbPlugin.c:141:2: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘sqDbInit’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
  return sqDbInit(sqDbMalloc);
  ^
In file included from /home/deploy/src/trunk/src/plugins/BerkeleyDbPlugin/BerkeleyDbPlugin.c:37:0:
/home/deploy/src/trunk/platforms/Cross/plugins/BerkeleyDbPlugin/BerkeleyDbPlugin.h:13:5: note: expected ‘void * (*)(size_t)’ but argument is of type ‘void * (*)(sqInt)’
 int sqDbInit(void *(*sq_malloc)(size_t size) );
     ^
[100%] Building C object BerkeleyDbPlugin/CMakeFiles/BerkeleyDbPlugin.dir/home/deploy/src/trunk/platforms/Cross/plugins/BerkeleyDbPlugin/sqBerkeleyDatabase.c.o
Linking C shared module so.BerkeleyDbPlugin
[100%] Built target BerkeleyDbPlugin

Are they serious or can they be ignored?

Thanks -

Paul