[Vm-dev] Questions related to immutability in Cog

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Nov 11 18:30:08 UTC 2015

> On 11-11-2015, at 7:47 AM, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  immutablity - an immutable bitblit?

exactly what I was thinking :-)

A couple of other immutability thoughts;
copying an imm. (I refuse to type it out every time) object - the copy primitive would need to clear the imm. bit unless we declare that a copy is also imm. In which case only ST code copying could be used to make non-imm. copies.
we’re SOL anytime any external prim or call is passed the guts of an imm. object.

tim
A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.