[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-tpr.1511.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Nov 12 19:00:05 UTC 2015

> On 12-11-2015, at 1:57 AM, Clément Bera <bera.clement at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice job Tim with the closedPIC logic.

Thank you! Boy was that ever ‘fun’. I think that might be the most hairy VM change I’ve made since adding primitive address caching in… ’04?

> In the Sista JIT, you changed the way the type information from the closed PICs is extracted. Eliot wrote that and I don't understand it very well. I will compile a new VM and try to see if your code works. However I will do that next week as I am at Smalltalks right now.

Since I know alarmingly close to nothing about what you need for Sista I debated not touching any of that code and leaving it to you - but then I thought how much more fun you would have with a change that might possibly work or not. I expect we can sort it out eventually.

> By the way, what kind of machine use MIPS processor these days ? I saw the backend in mainstream VMs such as V8 so I guess the port makes sense but I am just wondering who use that.

Yeah, MIPS, eh? Are they still a thing?

tim
Close your eyes and press escape three times.