[Vm-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-dev] Pharo VM Crash

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:28:24 UTC 2015

> Doesn’t appear to be a problem in a Squeak 5.0 image on a cogvm

yes, this is only a bug in pharo, with pharos opal compiler.

btw. squeaks compiler (or pharos other compiler) generate more code than is
needed for this method. The block actually has no effect. The method could
just
return self, but instead it creates an unused closure.

13 <8F 00 00 01> closureNumCopied: 0 numArgs: 0 bytes 17 to 17
17     <79> return: true
18 <87> pop
19 <78> returnSelf