[Vm-dev] Having a specific class for temp vectors

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Nov 21 12:52:59 UTC 2015

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015, Clément Bera wrote:

> This is the second time I have issues with temp vectors. They are
internal to the runtime but are exposed to the programmer. The problem is
that the runtime have expectations with the temp vectors that the
programmer could break, crashing the VM.

Is it possible to mangle the temp vectors unintentionally?
The only scenario I can imagine right now is when someone accesses these
Arrays via #allInstances and #allObjects.
Unless there are other ways to access them, I wouldn't change them and
wouldn't add VM checks either.
There are so many practically unavoidable ways to make the VM crash by
the programmer that I don't think it'd be worth patching this one.

Levente