[Vm-dev] re: "callback failed to own the VM"

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Fri Oct 9 01:27:00 UTC 2015

> Well, I threw a (ProcessorScheduler
> relinquishProcessorForMicroseconds: 100) into one of the successful
> vm-thread callbacks, and now the foreign-thread callback hangs waiting
> for the ioWaitOnOSSemaphore() in ownVM(). So I'm not too confident
> that fixing the bug in cedeToHigherPriorityThreads and/or
> threadSwitchIfNecessary:from: will get me moving again. But I'll bang
> on it anyway, I guess.

     I also notice that, at the point where things just start spinning,
I've got four threads, three of which (interpreter loop, thread
scheduling loop, foreign callback thread) are waiting on VM thread
semaphores. How is the other thread, the heartbeat thread, supposed to
get things moving?

-C

--
Craig Latta