[Vm-dev] a couple of challenges

robert robert.w.withers at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:08:02 UTC 2015

Good day,

On windows 7, I checked out the spur image and tried to run the
simulator and the generator. For the simulator, I did a
buildspurtrunkreaderimage.sh and got the spurreader.image and then
running the simulator it generated an error in, as cogit was nil.

CogStackPageSurrogate32>>lastAddress
     | v |
     ^(v := memory unsignedLongAt: address + 25) ~= 0 ifTrue:
         [cogit cCoerceSimple: v to: #'char *']

I then ran the generator and it blew up in
DosFileDirectory>>createDirectory:, where the receiver was '' and the
argument was: '\\C%3A' with a primitiveFailed.

Just to let you know. Thanks, Cog's beautiful.

--

robert