[Vm-dev] error with envvars.sh when building VMMaker image

Tim Olson tim.olson.mail at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:28:02 UTC 2015

On Oct 12, 2015, at 5:25 AM, Robert Withers <robert.w.withers at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am also getting an error on the image side, I've found, when running buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh.
>
> ~/warren/image$ ./buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh
> ./buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh: 26: ./envvars.sh: Syntax error: "(“ unexpected

I think this is due to incorrect bash function declaration syntax in that file, which uses both the keyword “function” and the empty parenthesis “()”.

In the syntax described here:

	http://tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/functions.html

a bash function should either have the form:

	function function_name {
		command…
	}

OR
	function_name () {
		command…
	}

i.e. not both the keyword “function” and the parenthesis.

	— tim