[Pharo-dev] [Vm-dev] Re: Random forest in Pharo

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 20 15:11:23 UTC 2015

>  On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:10 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> - a port of the Interpreter/Context VM to Spur
>>

> What does the Context Interpreter do that the Stack Interpreter doesn't? I
> thought 64-bit support was the last gap.

In principle, there should be nothing at all that the context interpreter
does that the stack interpreter cannot do. I practice, the context
interpreter in VMM trunk supports pre-closure images, and also can run any
combination of 32/64 bit image and VM.

One of my personal objectives in helping Eliot with merge issues was to
get the stack interpreter to do those things also. I think is actually
quite close to being able to do that, but the work is not complete.