[Vm-dev] Tasks of the heartbeat code

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Sep 13 17:37:09 UTC 2015

Dear Eliot,

I tried to understand the basic load of the VM and I have two questions for the heartbeat
code. Is it right that there are two concerns for the code?

1.) Call forceInterruptCheckFromHeartbeat periodically

2.) Update the clock as seen by the image

1st is useful to interrupt Processes like […] repeat with a pre-emptive scheduler? On
a different note do backwards jumps generate interrupt checks too?

2nd is this an optimization to not have to generate the clock when the primitive is being
used?

thanks
	holger