[Vm-dev] SpurVM performance "regression"?

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Apr 5 18:44:00 UTC 2016

> On 05 Apr 2016, at 20:38, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Nope, I don't know.
> This is once again really a good job for a bot.
> For example, some kind soul did this:
> http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunkPerformance/performance/

Cool, I didn't know that (or JTL). It was using cog.3427 during the last build (looking at the console output)

> But I don't know which VM flavour, target architecture, image version, nor what condition triggers the performance test...
> There's also a lot uncertainty related to load condition of the Jenkins server...
> Ideally those kind of tests should be isolated on a dedicated machine.

ideally yes, or have a gold build and run it the same time. If both images are slow the machine was doing something else, e.g. the difference I noticed would work in such a setup as well.

kind regards
	holger