[Vm-dev] instability

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Aug 6 01:26:31 UTC 2016

it is easy to fork a branch in GIT you should do that.

Only stable code (you can decide what that means) should reach the main
branch or merged into the Cog Branch.

Git makes it easy to experiment by forking. Don't merge stuff until you can
show the branch/commit point is stable.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>     on returning to VM work I'm seeing lots of VM crashes with recent
> changes.  It looks like the 4-bit Windows work has really affected things.
> What to do?
>
> Personally I'd like to see the type inferrence and platform changes
> reverted and the work put on a fork.  But that's just my opinion.  Thoughts?

> best, Eliot

John M. McIntosh. Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd
https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk