[Vm-dev] Pi vm builds need a priority checker applet

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Wed Aug 17 22:34:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> A persistent problem with the PI vm is that users of xrdp need to wrap the
> start-up in ‘sudo -E’ because.. well, never mind, unix is just plain
> stupid. Whatever the issue, we can test for the problem of needing to use
> sudo by running a trivial test program in the shell script; all it does is
> try changing a thread priority and returns whether it worked or not.

Just to make sure: it is not enough to create a squeak.conf as describe at
[1] and reboot?
Could you please give [2] a try on a raspi? Feedback is more than welcome
as we are about to release Squeak 5.1 very soon.

Thanks,
Fabio

[1] https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/releases#linux
[2]