[Vm-dev] buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh fails on Mac

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 20:30:30 UTC 2016

yes, this is a problem I encountered both in 32 and 64 bits squeak while
updating.

I think it's related to showing the progress bar while updating the
progress bar.
It's a Squeak trunk update problem, not a VM problem.

If some class layout change, but some block is still active (yeah, did you
see how many blocks we traverse just to change display of a bar...), then
the old block has invalid inst var offsets (offsets to the old object that
now has become a new object with new layout).

In an interactive image, just close the debugger and relaunch the update.
In an headless automated process, well... We should have fixed the update
or start from a newer artifact...