[Vm-dev] VM Recipe: How to build an interpreter VM on Linux

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 22:21:32 UTC 2016

David,

On Sun, 2015-04-12 at 22:57 -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> How to build an interpreter VM from source on a typical Linux or Unix
> system:

How does the interpreter VM differ from the stack VM in the Cog branch?
 I'm familiar with what Cog and Spur bring to the table, but not how
these older VMs differ. (or for that matter if I should even be
considering these VMs 'older'... are there situations where they are
still recommended on platforms where Cog, and now Spur, are supported?)

Thanks,
Phil