[Vm-dev] Re: slang printf equivalent

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:28:53 UTC 2016

Hi Ben,

    you'll see a lot of print methods in StackInterpreter that dump stack frames etc.  these are built above some simple string and number of output routines, like print: & printNum: that you can use in simulated code and print to stdout in the real VM also.

For debug logging during simulation the interpreter simulators respond to #transcript by answering the output window in the VM simulation. There's a menu pick in the bottom right inspector to toggle the transcript between the small one in the VM simulation and the system's Transcript.