[Vm-dev] VM & BSDs

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Fri Jan 1 10:06:14 UTC 2016

On Pet, 2016-01-01 at 10:48 +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:

> there are no obstacles for using it on *BSD. I have been running the
> PharoVM (before spur) on FreeBSD in a pre-production environment.

Does Spur change something in regard?

> The "bigger" issue is more the compiler being used. Less people use
> the latest version of clang (and we already know that it 'optimizes'
> the overflow check for certain integer operations).

Does it mean that when using *BSD one has to count on building VM for
oneself?

> But that is not specific to BSD vs. Linux.

Well, for Linux there are, at least, pre-built VMs, while I do not see
anything for Net/OpenBSD, while FreeBSD only have some older version in
ports?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction,
is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position,