[Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] vm crash from BalloonEngine (maybe B2DPlugin or BitBltPlugin)

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:32:31 UTC 2016

>> show the ellipse centered at 400 at 400):

>> > This looks like some "wrap-around" , what happens if the fill is in the
>> upper left
>> > quarter? will the fill appear 4 times?
>>
>> It appears to repeat vertically only.
>>
>> You can easily try it for yourself. Just go to this URL, open a
>> workspace, and paste your code in:
>>

> That is not really easy:)
> I can not copy and paste into squeakjs. And with german keyboard layout I
> can not even
> tpye an @ sign.
> (Firefox on Windows 7)
>
> Does copy and paste work for other systems / browser?
>

> Ah, Chrome works best so far. Sorry. Patches welcome ;^)

Hi Bert,

following observation:

in squeak.js,
    document.onkeypress = function(evt) {
        if (!display.vm) return true;
        // check for ctrl-x/c/v/r
        if (/[CXVR]/.test(String.fromCharCode(evt.charCode + 64)))

this test never holds (at least not with firefox on windows).
The charCode is always the same, regardless whether ctrl-key is pressed or
not, so it always handles those
shortcuts as squeak-shortcuts (ctrl+v is handled as "paste author
initials", not as "paste text to browser window")
(this is not an issue for chrome, because it does not use keypress, but the
keydown events for cut&paste)

changing this to

        if (evt.ctrlKey && /[cxvr]/.test(String.fromCharCode(evt.charCode)))
makes it working.

another issue is, that in firefox on windows, the "paste event" is never
fired for non-editable htmlelements (it works for textareas and
inputfields).
But we can make the whole document "editable" with
document.body.contentEditable = true
(maybe it is enough to do this for the canvas elemement).

with this changes, copy , cut & paste are working in firefox (only tested
on windows).

about typing '@' sign with german keyboard layout, I commented at the
bugtracker issue
https://github.com/bertfreudenberg/SqueakJS/issues/24