[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] Unable to read Utf8 ?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 09:45:11 UTC 2016

Hi Thierry,

    up until a few hours ago the latest VM sources were indeed broken by work I was doing on 64 bits.  My sources are AFAIA now correct and I suppose you're waiting on Esteban doing a merge.  But I'm responding since there seems to be a process error here.

I need the freedom to break the VM, otherwise I can only extend it with difficulty.  This assumes that there are currently servers that build and test the VM, and implies that we maintain the notion of the most recent good VM that has passed all the tests, and that this is the "latest" VM everyone is using.

If there isn't this distinction then every time I extend the VM and make inevitable mistakes I affect users.  That's clearly not sensible.