NumberedPrimitives must die! (Was: Re: [Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-topa.1900.mcz)

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:43:16 UTC 2016

Hi all,

So far I understood that numbered primitives were there for performance.

Let's talk for example of (SmallInteger>>#+). What is the overhead if we
have it as a named primitive and not a numbered primitive ? Is there even
overhead ?

Depending on that overhead I would advise for or against the total removal
of numbered primitives.

In any case we should continue to keep a very limited number of them.