[Vm-dev] [ANN] first 64 bits windows VM Running

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:03:32 UTC 2016

The recipe for compiling on windows: install cygwin and pretend it's unix...
With Eliot's mvm scripts and gnu make, it's essentially same job on linux
and macosx...

Note that gcc 4.9.3 -O2 does not perform a good job...
For example 2.0*3.0 answers 4.0 for the fast version (mvm -f).
All is correct for the debug version (mvm -d).

clang seems to be performing better, this means that we'll have to play
with compiler options again...
Or better: eliminate Undefined Behavior which is most probably the cause of
problems
(There is some in SmallFloat handling, shifting left negative int, pointer
aliasing, etc...)