[Vm-dev] Cog + Pi + OSProcess

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jun 8 18:42:57 UTC 2016

I finally got a moment to look at this - not that I really have much clue about the whole unix process thing - and it appears that something is odd with the compiled code in the plugin.

My test is very simple - run the UnixProcess class>listDirectory example. It exits with a segfault and the forkAndExec… method as the last thing on the stack.

I build a debug vm (and had some fun with asserts and the ARM fp offset in the process, all fixed now) and… it doesn’t fail. I’ve tried compiling the plugin with varying levels of optimisation, since we’ve fairly regularly seen problems there, and even at -O0 it fails. So debug -> OK, no-debug -> boom. Nice.

Ideas?

tim
When all else fails, let a = 7.  If that doesn't help, then read the manual.