[Vm-dev] re: StackInterp/Cog>>transferTo: - assertValidExecutionPointe:r:s differences

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:22:50 UTC 2016

Hi Craig,

> On Jun 10, 2016, at 12:46 AM, Craig Latta <craig at blackpagedigital.com> wrote:
>

>     Great info indeed! :)  Eliot, is that in a class comment or a paper
> somewhere? I'd like to read the rest of it if so.

I had planned to write at least a blog post on this and related topics, essentially in how Cog coordinates an interpreter and a JIT, but I've not found time in 5 years :-/. I think it's important to write up.  I remember reading something about the Erlang VM wanting to do the same and they ended up having two separate stacks for interpreted and machine code frames, bad for a number of reasons. The stars may yet align and I'll write it up...

>     thanks again,
>
> -C