[Pharo-dev] [Vm-dev] Moving the Cog subversion repository to githup at 2016-6-16 7am UTC

Tim Felgentreff timfelgentreff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 07:15:55 UTC 2016

Hi Ben,

Jakob is correct, but I think you were confused because Github also
allows you to use SVN against any of their repositories. However, both
options are strongly discouraged, because SVN *cannot* handle the
kinds of merges that Git is doing (because I would argue that SVN
doesn't actually handle merges properly at all - it leaves all the
work up to the developer). So using Github's SVN bridge on a
repository where not everyone else also uses that bridge will bring a
world of pain to all devs involved.

cheers,
Tim