[squeak-dev] Unambiguously differentiating official and local builds [Was [Vm-dev] Moving the Cog subversion repository to githup at 2016-6-16 7am UTC]

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 07:40:26 UTC 2016

Hi Tim,

> On Jun 17, 2016, at 12:22 AM, Tim Felgentreff <timfelgentreff at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Eliot,
>
> how secure does this need to be? One way to differentiate the official
> VMs is to sign them directly on Travis (which we'll want to do anyway,
> just didn't get to it, yet).
>
> Another option is to just change the URL replacement code to do
> something else when not running on Travis --- like adding your
> hostname and path instead --- but this could be fairly easily messed
> with.
>
> Not sure how much malicious intent we want to prevent.

None.  I don't think there's malicious intent at all.  I do think we should differentiate between "personal" and Travis builds.  It's more for my own information, so u don't get confused, than to prevent maliciousness.  So do the simplest thing that could possibly work TSTTCPW.  I like username,host name,path as in an scp, eg eliot at McStalker:oscogvm (path relative to ~eliot).