[Vm-dev] Cog + Pi + OSProcess

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:33:45 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-16 at 21:40 -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:

> I just unpacked my new Raspberry Pi (thanks Ben and Tim for the
> shopping and
> setup advice). Very cool. My only usability complaint is that the TV
> monitor
> is in the next room, so I am getting a stiff neck trying to look at
> the monitor
> while I type on my chiclet keyboard here in the kitchen. But it
> works, and it
> is a real computer.

You can use it with a regular computer monitor assuming you have an
extra one lying around with HDMI input (or a DVI->HDMI adapter, also
you might need to disable overscan in the config file.)  You can also
setup ssh / VNC / remote X11 like any other Linux box for headless
operation.  My biggest complaint is the things have no power/reset
switch out of the box (it is possible to add via a DIY mod) but other
than that, it's a quite useful little device for Smalltalk!