[Vm-dev] Regression in tryLoading

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 03:20:23 UTC 2016

Hi John,

    in the Cocoa platform Alien>>primLoadLibrary: no longer manages to load
e.g. 'libSystem.B.dylib', which breaks the Quicksort callback example
(Alien class>>exampleCqsort) plus any attempt to load libraries other than
plains.  Please, pretty please, can you fix this?  The code
in platforms/iOS//vm/OSX/sqMacUnixExternalPrims.m is too labyrinthine for
my tiny brain.  All I want is working 5640-bit and 32-bit callbacks and I'm
not getting very far on my favourite development and test platform :-(
best, Eliot