[Vm-dev] git mavens, shortcut please?

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 05:37:26 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-06-18 at 17:41 -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> Actually, calling all git mavens - please, please, point the rest of
> us to some documentation that might possibly be understood by humans.
> Some of us have no idea at all how this works and need something in
> style of ‘see spot download some code. See spot build it. Run it,
> spot, run it! Oh dear, spot - a bug. Fix the bug, spot, fix it! Now
> save the code. Now pour the custard in m’boots!' and so on.
>
> tim
> ...now touch these wires to your tongue!

There's a *lot* of content out there for migrating from svn (and other
systems) to git.  This looks like a good 'I know how to do it in svn,
now how do I do it in git?' basics page: http://git.or.cz/course/svn.ht
ml and here's a version that might look nicer in hard copy form: https:
//www.git-tower.com/blog/git-for-subversion-users-cheat-sheet/