[Vm-dev] Why OpenSmalltalk/vm not googlable and not searchable on GitHub?

Dimitris Chloupis kilon.alios at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:42:44 UTC 2016

Github wont give you automagically visibility, there 2 criteria you have to
satisfy

1) you have to contribute some code in smalltalk so it appears as smalltalk
2) you have to add a sensible description that mentions smalltalk in some
way

The VM satisfies neither of those 2 criteria hence its not visible as
Smalltalk but it is visible as C project.

By the way if you want find smalltalk projects , enter the words relevant
to your search and then add

 language:Smalltalk

this will force to Github to search projects that either contain Smalltalk
source files or that mention in the description

you can also use the explore feature of github to see which Smalltalk
projects are trending

https://github.com/trending/smalltalk

So as you can see yes the visibility is crystal clear for those that want
to find Smalltalk projects.

Its easy, its simple and its fast.