[Vm-dev] build emergency with recent changes to updateSCCSVersions

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:08:17 UTC 2016

Hi All,

    recent changes, I *think* to updateSCCSVersions, have broken
platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h:

static char SvnRawRepositoryURL[] = "$URL:
http://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/vm
    SetWindowLongPtr_64bit_compatibility new (next fetch will store in
remotes/origin)
    tim/deployment-fixes                 new (next fetch will store in
remotes/origin) $";

First, multi-liner string constants must be terminated with a backslash to
compile.  So at the very least we'd need

static char SvnRawRepositoryURL[] = "$URL:
http://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/vm\
    SetWindowLongPtr_64bit_compatibility new (next fetch will store in
remotes/origin)\
    tim/deployment-fixes                 new (next fetch will store in
remotes/origin) $";

But second, multi-line output doesn't make sense here.  We need something
that fits on a single line.  Who is going to fix this?  I have a production
build which is broken because of this.

best, Eliot