[Vm-dev] Loading VMMaker

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Jun 22 22:53:08 UTC 2016

Hi Yoshiki

If you checkout the source code from git and go to the oscogvm/image directory are several scripts you can open in a workspace and 'do it' (or filein, i think)

The one I use is BuildSqueakSpurTrunkVMMakerImage.st

I am assuming you are running Cog/Spur to power a trunk image.

---- On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:13:54 -0400 Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote ----

Hi,

Just to refresh my skill on compiling the Squeak VM (I'd like to play
with Kinect; I found some efforts like: http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/
but want to make a plugin that is suitable for my need.)

Let us say I'd like to compile a VM and my plugins on Mac, what are
the right steps? (I had some experiences with VMMaker but that was
before I need to specify Interpreter class name in the VMMakerTool,
for example.

I added VMMaker repository in the Monticello browser, and opened it.
As trying to just load VMMaker shows a warning of missing FFI
constants, I turned to 'update' and load update-dtl.17.mcm. Is this a
right thing to do?

But then, trying to load update-dtl.17.mcm onto the VM and image in
the 5.0 all in one package, the VM crashes. Do you see this?

I'd like to get the files and image set up so that I can compile an
external plugin, preferably for Cog/Spur. Some up to date guidance
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
-- Yoshiki