[Vm-dev] The code in the src folders in the repository

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Thu Jun 23 12:35:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:
>

>> But...  its all one repository.  Everyone who works on the vm in their
>> personal space, doing a dozen generate/compile/commit cycles along the
>> way, and then finally submits a worthwhile change via a pull request
>> that is accepted, gets *all* their intermediate generated src added to
>> the repository.
>>

> Why would you commit your generated sources at all? And if you do, why
> would you push them to the public repo?

I  *don't* want to commit my generated sources.  But** there they are,
tracked files that have been modified so I need to weed out the changes I
do want to commit.

**Likely I'm overthinking this; its an imagined scenario.  I should wait to
comment further until I actually hit this scenario so at least I know which
foot I'm putting in my mouth. :)

cheers -ben