[Vm-dev] git build problem on Pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 23 19:54:19 UTC 2016

Since I still have no real idea how this git stuff works I may have done something wrong here…

I downloaded the new git vm tree using SourceTree (and what an ‘interesting’ experience installing that was; no, not really, it was just unpleasant) and obtained what appears to be a very reasonable pile of files. I did nothing else - no configuring of git stuff.

Then on my Pi I cd’d to the relevant build.linux32ARM/squeak.cog.spur/build directory as usual and ran `sudo ./mvm` as normal. (Hafta use sudo because of some idiocy in xrdp) It seemed to build ok.

Then I went to the ‘products’ directory to copy out the new vm to test. The problem is that the products/cogspurlinuxhtARM/lib/squeak directory contains a directory named ‘5.0-‘. Which means that for some reason the version number has not been generated, found, copied, used, or whatever.

What did I miss?

tim
Loyalty oaths.Secret searches.No-fly lists.Detention without legal recourse.Remind me - who won the cold war?