[Vm-dev] build products seem to go to the wrong branch

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Fri Jun 24 03:26:47 UTC 2016

I just did my first vm build from git...

  $ git checkout -b firstbuild Cog
  $ cd image
  $ ./buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh
  $ cd build.linux32x86/squeak.cog.spur/build
  $ ./mvm
Which completes okay, but reports...
  Libraries have been installed in:

 /home/ben/Repos/OpenSmalltalk/vm/products/cogspurlinuxht/lib/squeak/5.0-201606221719-btc/condense-gitignore

but condense-gitignore is not the current branch, but a previous branch I
worked on where I didn't even do a build (I'm reasonably sure, but maybe I
forget).

  $ git branch
[snip]
* firstbuild
  btc/condense-gitignore

I poked around and found the message comes from
./platforms/unix/config/ltmain.sh
but I don't see any git commands there to determine the branch, so it seems
the branch must be passed to ltmain from somewhere else??

cheers -ben