[Vm-dev] Spur corrupts large images when saving

Yuriy Tymchuk yuriy.tymchuk at me.com
Mon Mar 7 21:32:24 UTC 2016

Dear vm developers,

I’ve encountered multiple times an issue when my images cannot be opened after saving (only on spur). I think that this happens when image is large, and the following script results in a corrupt image almost 100%:

curl get.pharo.org/50+vm | bash

./pharo Pharo.image --no-default-preferences eval --save \
  "Smalltalk globals at: #ReallyBigArray put: (ByteArray new: 1024*1024*1000). 'Done'"

./pharo Pharo.image printVersion

The last line is there just to make image do something and for me it fails all the times. I hope that this can help to troubleshoot the issue with the vm.

Also here are my system & hardware specs:

System Version:	OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)
Model Identifier:	MacBookPro11,5
Processor Name:	Intel Core i7
Processor Speed:	2.8 GHz