[Vm-dev] InterpreterSimulator

Florin Mateoc florin.mateoc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:04:37 UTC 2016

On 3/8/2016 7:20 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi Florin,
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Florin Mateoc <florin.mateoc at gmail.com <mailto:florin.mateoc at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Hi Eliot,
>
>     Thank you, VMMaker.oscog works better, indeed.
>     I still got an error while executing:
>
>     (StackInterpreterSimulator new openOn:
>     'F:\Smalltalk\squeak\Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app\Contents\Resources\Squeak4.5-decompiler.image') test
>
>     Do I need any additional settings?
>

> You shouldn't, but there may be an initialization bug.  Can you post just the stack, without all those simulator inst
> vars? The stack trace gets interesting at "NewObjectMemorySimulatorLSB>>long64At:" just when the post gets truncated.
> I don't know why long64At: would be sent in a V3 simulation so it piques my interest.

Sure, here it is:

NewObjectMemorySimulatorLSB(Object)>>error:
NewObjectMemorySimulatorLSB(VMClass)>>unalignedAccessError
NewObjectMemorySimulatorLSB>>long64At:
NewObjectMemorySimulatorLSB(ObjectMemory)>>fetchLong64:ofObject:
[] in StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(InterpreterPrimitives)>>signed64BitValueOf:
False>>ifTrue:ifFalse:
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(VMClass)>>cppIf:ifTrue:ifFalse:
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(InterpreterPrimitives)>>signed64BitValueOf:
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(InterpreterPrimitives)>>primitiveLessThanLargeIntegers
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(StackInterpreter)>>dispatchFunctionPointer:
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(StackInterpreter)>>slowPrimitiveResponse
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(StackInterpreter)>>internalExecuteNewMethod
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(StackInterpreter)>>commonSendOrdinary
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(StackInterpreter)>>normalSend
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(StackInterpreter)>>bytecodePrimLessThan
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(StackInterpreterSimulator)>>dispatchOn:in:
StackInterpreterSimulatorLSB(StackInterpreterSimulator)>>test
UndefinedObject>>DoIt

Florin