[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-nice.1733.mcz

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:23:08 UTC 2016

> On 18 Mar 2016, at 16:11, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nico,
>
> somewhere between this and VMMaker.oscog-dtl.1730 all PharoVMs become unusable :(
> are you aware of this?
> maybe I’m forgetting something in my builds?
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>

> Hi Esteban,
> Please provide more feedback
> - can/can't compile ?
> - VM crash ? instantly or on specific operations ?
can compile, but image is unusable (no refresh of UI… error with Bitmaps I think).

> - all OS or OS specific ?
all environments (mac, linux and win) have this problem.

> - which flavour - stack/cogit x spur/v3 x 32/64 bits ?
>   I presume cogit-spur-32bits for Pharo head?
yes

> Maybe a few explanations accompanying a Jenkins link would do it

I don’t know what more to say :)
but if you download:

wget -O- get.pharo.org/50+vmLatest | bash

and execute it… you will see the problem.

and that does not happens if you execute

wget -O- get.pharo.org/50+vm | bash

(the only difference between those VMs are your commits).

cheers,
Esteban