[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-dtl.1730.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 22:02:20 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 2:51 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 01:31:23PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> >
> > Hi David,
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 6:07 PM, <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:
> >

> > > David T. Lewis uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
> > > http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-dtl.1730.mcz
> > >
> > > ==================== Summary ====================
> > >
> > > Name: VMMaker.oscog-dtl.1730
> > > Author: dtl
> > > Time: 16 March 2016, 9:06:26.74934 pm
> > > UUID: ad4e53e1-bdbc-4cb9-b5fb-f1229ca4e19f
> > > Ancestors: VMMaker.oscog-nice.1729
> > >
> > > Allow primitiveUtcWithOffset to accept an optional parameter with an
> array
> > > or object with two or more slots to store UTC posix microseconds and
> time
> > > zone offset in seconds. Compatibility with VMM trunk. Note, consider
> > > incorporating ioUtcWithOffset from SVN trunk to provide true atomic
> > > primitive.
> > >

> > Feel free to move the code over.
> >

> Hi Eliot,
>
> Do you mean move ioUtcWithOffset over? If so I will be happy to do that,
> although maybe until a few days or weeks from now. I would let you know
> in advance before making any changes. I definitely don't want to touch
> something like that without your approval.

Yes.  And no hurry.  Remember that at some point I plan to implement the
clock following scheme I wrote up recently, and that may introduce some
renamings.  But getting the concepts such as atomic access to UTC and
offset in one go is still important, even if things get rewritten a little.

best, Eliot