[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-nice.1733.mcz

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 07:55:42 UTC 2016

> On 19 Mar 2016, at 19:13, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Stef,
>
>> On Mar 18, 2016, at 2:13 PM, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I wonder why you do not check our builds before pushing a change. Staging changes can make sure that
>> we control the propagation of errors. And as you know, error = time = money.
>> This is always difficult for someone to try to understand error that he had  no clue from where they come.
>

> We need to stage on the other side.  Indeed VMMaker.oscog commits /should/ be expected to break slave builds.  Then only VMs that pass slave builds should be put somewhere where non-VM developers can fetch them and rely on them.

This is not the point again. I’m sorry to be dense: We did publish the changes of this VM. We do not publish changes blindly.
Why do you think that we are that stupid?

Esteban just mentioned that the changes did not work. And to me this opens a big warning!
A tool infrastrcuture should spot that problem not a human.
Now apparently you do not believe in such infrastructure.
Ok point taken but do not expect that will come to help.
I thought that after the years you understand our motivations but apparently not and I cannot do much about it
I’m just sad but I’m currently learning many lessons.

Stef