[Vm-dev] Re: Borked unix displaying in vm3692 (wasRe: [squeak-dev] International text input on X11)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:42:50 UTC 2016

Hi Tim, Hi Yoshiki,

    we made some changes to register allocation in recent weeks and we've
broken register saving from machine-code to run-time callouts on ARM.  It
shows up in the simulator and I'm looking at it now.  I
suspect VMMaker.oscog-eem.1756.  Anyway, apologies, and I'm trying to fix
it now.  The symptom is that the first assert in the following fails when
generating the run-time trampoline calls at start-up:

CogARMCompiler>>genSaveRegs: regMask
"Save the registers in regMask for a call into the C run-time from a
trampoline.
Save none, because the ARM ABI only defines callee saved registers, no
caller-saved regs.
But for the future..."
self assert: regMask = 0.
self deny: (regMask anyMask: (cogit registerMaskFor: SP and: FPReg and: LR
and: PC)).
R12 to: R0 by: -1 do:
[:reg|
(regMask anyMask: (cogit registerMaskFor: reg)) ifTrue:
[cogit PushR: reg]].
^0

I should have it fixed quickly.

--