[Vm-dev] 64-bit progress/plan

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:17:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

this is the status/plan, from Pharo side:

- 64bits cog vm is already working, missing support for some plugins and most important: FFI.
- Eliot is currently working on 64bits FFI (not full time, of course).
- I will start working on pharo 64bits like… right now (bah… in fact in one or two weeks)
- I will adapt UFFI to accept 64bits right after (since it was designing knowing that this was going to happen, it will be fairly straightforward).

In summary, according to my plan: Pharo 5 summer release will include 64bits support :)

cheers,
Esteban