[Vm-dev] Support for reading and writing JPEGs to/from -32, -16, -8 and 8 bit deep forms on V3

Laura Perez Cerrato lauraperezcerrato at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:04:45 UTC 2016

Hello, everyone,

During the past few days I've been working on adding support for
reading and writing reading and writing JPEGs to/from -32, -16, -8
grayscale and 8 grayscale bit deep forms to JPEGReadWriter2Plugin for
the Squeak Cog V3 VM. Just chiming in to tell you that the work is
done and I'd like to share it with you all. :) I believe this changes
should work on Spur VMs too, but haven't tested thoroughly enough to
ensure that.

How do you handle contributions to the codebase? I assume I'd have to
upload the corresponding changeset to the repository but I'm not sure
if there's anything I should do before.

I have also been working on a few changes to the latest non-Spur
version of Squeak in order to take advantage of the changes to the
plugin but, since I added a primitive to it and these changes use it,
I think it's prudent to ask you too how those contributions are
handled. Should I refer to the Squeak-dev mailing list?

Thanks in advance,

-Laura Perez Cerrato