[Vm-dev] handleCallOrJumpSimulationTrap: curiousity

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Fri May 20 11:46:48 UTC 2016

Minor curiosity & clueless speculation...  in passing I came across
the following in #handleCallOrJumpSimulationTrap and given the
similarity of critical section and  ownedlock primitives to alter the
running process like primitiveWait, I wondered if they should also be
in this list ...

"Verify the stack layout assumption compileInterpreterPrimitive:
makes, provided we've not called something that has built a frame,
such as closure value or evaluate method, **or switched frames**,
such as primitiveSignal, primitiveWait, primitiveResume,
primitiveSuspend et al."

ifTrue: [(#( primitiveClosureValue primitiveClosureValueWithArgs
primitiveClosureValueNoContextSwitch
primitiveFullClosureValue primitiveFullClosureValueWithArgs
primitiveFullClosureValueNoContextSwitch
primitiveSignal primitiveWait primitiveResume primitiveSuspend primitiveYield
primitiveExecuteMethodArgsArray primitiveExecuteMethod
primitivePerform primitivePerformWithArgs primitivePerformInSuperclass
primitiveTerminateTo primitiveStoreStackp primitiveDoPrimitiveWithArgs)

cheers -ben