[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] DBusPlugin?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Nov 2 01:06:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 09:31:15PM +0100, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently trying to port a really old application that I wrote in 2008 and that's in regular use since then to
> current Squeak 5.1 (I want to add some features, and maintaining it in 3.9 indefinitely is not what I want). It looks
> promising, but I'm using the DBus plugin which does not seem to be available in 5.1.
> Does anyone know where it might have fallen off the wagon?

The DBus plugin has traditionally been included in the interpreter VMs, but I do not
see it in the Cog/Spur VMs. I cannot confirm, but I expect that it will work with 32-bit
Spur, although it will require some code maintenance to get it to work on 64-bit VMs.

I am CCing the vm-dev list in case someone can verify the DBusPlugin build for 32-bit Spur.
The plugin requires installing libdbus-1-dev on Linux.