[Vm-dev] OpenSmalltalk VM on Gentoo Linux

Samuel Hodgkins samuel.hodgkins at sky.com
Tue Nov 15 00:45:38 UTC 2016

I figured it out anyway, after some trial-and-error and plenty of compiling. For future reference, these are the packages that I had to explicitly enable 32-bit support for - this goes in a file in (or at the end of) /etc/portage/package.use.

x11-libs/libX11 abi_x86_32
x11-libs/libXext abi_x86_32
media-libs/mesa abi_x86_32
sys-apps/util-linux abi_x86_32
media-libs/alsa-lib abi_x86_32
dev-libs/openssl abi_x86_32
x11-libs/libSM abi_x86_32
There are other dependencies, but the package manager should figure those out and allow you to add them automatically.